The E-Commerce Manager is an unparalleled opportunity for anyone looking to become a business leader and own the end-to-end P&L of a fast-growing DTC business. Holding expertise across all areas of this business is less critical than demonstrating a command of digital thinking and a drive to problem solve across areas of the business. Only those interested in a challenge with a willingness to own their business need apply!
This role will be responsible for strategically growing the Roxanne Assoulin brand and business on its own online platforms beginning with the website (on the Shopify platform) and potentially expanding to other digital properties.
Working with core partners in Merchandising, Planning, Marketing and Finance, this role will meet and seek to exceed budget goals, ensure consistent site performance, identify opportunities to showcase innovative commerce and content online. Understanding online sales goals and the needs of the client is paramount. This individual will build the infrastructure and processes required to strategically grow e-commerce in the US and abroad and staff a team to manage each aspect of the site. This role requires a passion for delivering a positive experience for the consumer, leading his/her co-workers by example, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Lead and project manage all direct-to-consumer related activities from a 360-degree perspective
including site updates and enhancements and product launches. Email and paid digital marketing will also
report to this function temporarily.
• Develop monthly action plans to achieve/surpass sales goals and KPIs
• Lead the planning and execution of direct-to-consumer digital calendar (i.e. promotions, email, digital
marketing) to support brand and growth objectives in a fast-paced environment
• Manage product roadmap initiatives from kickoff through completion to improve customer on-site
• Manage 3rd party development team’s schedule and release calendar based on site goals and initiatives
• Research and recommend site platform enhancements to improve overall customer experience, back-end
management and growth sustainability
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements including but not limited to privacy, GDPR and ADA
• Manage daily, weekly and monthly analytics reports that monitor key KPIs
• Partner with Finance team to establish future sales goals based on growth rates, promotions and on-site
• Execute e-commerce merchandising and product positioning using insights
• Utilize analytics and customer insight to identify conversion friction points, test different strategies that will
improve conversion, AOV and overall site experience
• Implement on-site A/B testing strategy
• Partner with Creative teams to create content strategies that support key launches and promotions and
enhance on-site content, email and paid marketing
• Partner with Client Care team to create and deploy a high-touch consumer experience strategy
• Partner with Client Care team and the warehouse to ensure timely, accurate fulfillment of product orders,
and provide forecasts to warehouse for high volume periods
• Partner with planning, allocation, finance and warehouse teams for inventory management, SKU
forecasting and all inventory related issues
• Ensure consistent and optimized site performance including monitoring traffic and looking for system
glitches. And as needed, deploy technical staff to troubleshoot and solve the issue, as soon possible.
• Over time, project manage the development, launch and maintenance of extensions to site and digital
platforms, i.e. app 4
• College degree required
• 5+ yrs experience in E-Commerce required; experience in digital marketing preferred
• Strong financial acumen and analytical skills for managing forecasts, P&Ls
• Experience on Shopify platform and API integrations
• Mastery of Google Analytics (and Mailchimp)
• Experience in managing team of junior staff including 1-on-1 coaching
• Experience working first-hand with web developers for website production, functionality improvements,
bug fixes, etc.
• Ability to think strategically and execute tactically in a high-energy and fast paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Agile and flexible with regards to changing priorities and business
• Ability to work either independently or collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced
• Ability to manage time efficiently and continuously prioritize
• Strong and positive work ethic